Artist in Residence Program 2017-18: How to apply
- Cover letter stating your involvement with the Bayview/Hunters Point community. Describe what are your past and current professional activities, why you are interested in a studio at the Hunters Point Shipyard, if you have a particular project in mind that you wish to work on during the residency and estimate approximately how many hours weekly you anticipate working in the studio.
- Artist Statement (200 words or less, tell us about your work as an artist)
- Resume or bio (with artist web address, if available)
- Minimum of 6 and no more than 10 JPEG images of recent artwork AND a list with title, medium, dimensions and date. Brief description if needed.
Mailed submissions will not be returned, or used for any other purpose.
DEADLINE EXTENDED: Applications must be received or postmarked no later than Friday June 9, 2017. Applications received or postmarked after that date will not be considered. Announcement of the award will be posted online June 19, 2017.
How to submit completed application and accompanying materials
- Upload your submission to STAR via the EntryThingy system (click link at left) OR
- Mail your submission to: STAR, PO Box 880083, San Francisco, CA94188-0083. Complete, print, and include the application form (PDF file, fillable, 199 kb) with mailed submissions.
For more information or questions: